From the blazing sun and crisp wind, you would never guess there was another three inches of rain here yesterday. It's a perfect autumn day today, and a great day to spend a little extra time on a farm walk (bring your mud boots) and enjoying the start of the changing colors. The farmers are having a hard time parting with the share this week as we found ourselves in a unique situation of having many of our favorite vegetables harvested in the same week. It's hard to choose favorites among our crops, but these little ones stand out as some of our best efforts.
In this week's share:
- mustard greens (Jaci's favorite)
- fennel (Nick's favorite)
- pablanos (Nick's other favorite)
- cilantro (Wilson's favorite)
- shishito peppers (my favorite)
- the extra's bin has some lemon verbena that is in the process of drying. Take a small bunch home (hand it upside down) and to make the tea, just place it in hot water to make a delicious fresh tea.
Have a great week,