Week two for our summer share! This weeks share star will be our strawberries; A simple joy in life that gives us so much happiness each year. These strawberries are super sweet and for us signify what feels like the start of summer.
Reminder each week at pick up:
- Bring a reusable bag to collect your share!
- Check your name off when you collect your share
- Leave some extra time for PYO this week! If you do not have time to on your pick up day you can come back later in the week between 11-5 to pick. Follow the signs to the field to pick your own.
- Please note CSA members and their families are only permitted to pick one pint this week. Save your pint container to bring back next week.
- If you are not physically able to pick your own there are some pre picked for members who cannot. Please leave these for those who are unable to pick, and do not take them if you are just running late.
In this week's share:
- Buttercrunch lettuce (wait until you see the size of this full size head!)
- Pac Choy
- Spring Onions
- Chamomile or Oregano
- Kale- Toscano
- PYO one Pint of strawberries
The Spring Onions have a small scape coming from the top of them. It looks like a little flower head just about to open (because it is!) This part is also edible and can be added into your stir-fry or other dishes just like a garlic scape.
Toscano kale is an italian heirloom kale that is very tender and makes a great massaged salad or can be used for cooking greens as well. I store my kale in a glass of water on my counter to keep it fresh, and remind me to eat it and not be lost in the fridge.
See you at the farm--