Spring CSA share pickup starts this Friday, April 26th. We are thrilled to see the farm fill up again with members! Feeding our community is what makes all the hard work come alive for us.
- Come to The Hickories every Friday anytime between 2pm-7pm. - 136 Lounsbury Road. The spring share will run for 5 weeks.
- Each week please bring a reusable bag, box or basket to collect your share.
- Feel free to stay and meet other CSAers, talk with your farmers, etc. - the farm is usually open for walkers during CSA hours, but this is weather dependent so check the signs.
- Check you name off the list when you get here.
- As always, no dogs on the farm.
- Everyone needs to be mindful of farm safety:
- fingers away from tractors and livestock
- feet on the designated paths
- fences can be electric, and they should not be climbed on, etc.
- follow all signs and instructions, and be sure to never open close gates.
- There is a hand-washing sink with soap and water should you need it
As a special treat on our first CSA day we will be hosting baby animal tours for our CSA members families only! We will hold a tour at 2:15 and at 4:15. If you cannot make it for the tour you are still welcome to walk around. There will be no pre sign ups and no additional fee but must be a CSA member to join the tour.
You can expect another email midday on Friday listing what is in your share and reminding you to come to pickup. If you cannot make it on Friday, please send someone in your place with the instructions to check your name off and collect your share.
It has been a long winter and we cannot wait to see our CSA members return again!
See you Friday.