To learn more, please read the details below and contact us for additional information!
As a working organic farm, The Hickories is a unique and inspiring venue for celebrations all of kinds; our goal is to connect the celebration of each season’s bounty with your own personalized event. As part of a working farm raising certified organic fruits, vegetables, and flowers as well as pastured sheep, the farmers seek to connect people with the beauty of this quintessential New England agricultural and scenic landscape.
We host many kinds of events, including weddings, rehearsal dinners, milestone birthdays and anniversaries, family reunions, and company picnics and meetings.
The Hickories is an extraordinary place for your special event and offers:
- A gorgeous setting with the ambiance of a real working organic vegetable and livestock farm dedicated to sustainability and responsible growing
- Our charming rustic barn with twinkling lights and glowing lanterns
- Sheep grazing in nearby pastures
- A newly restored one-acre pond stocked with trout and surrounded by lush native plants
- Access to our certified organic produce and flowers as well as floral design and pastured meats at wholesale prices
The Hickories offers several areas for events: our rustic 1800s barn, the farmhouse lawn, and our one-acre trout pond. Our site fee to rent the farm depends on the length of your event, number of people, the complexity of the event, and the areas on the farm that will be used. You'll also need the following elements as part of your event, and we’re happy to make recommendations and introductions:
- An event coordinator
- A parking attendant for our 55-car parking area
- Liability and host liquor insurance (eventhelper.com is a good site to check out)
- A bathroom trailer or portable restroom
- A licensed caterer and at least one insured, TIPS-certified bartender
- Rentals, including a tent, tables, chairs, and other rentals you would like or are needed for your wedding
Out of respect for our neighbors, The Hickories has a strict noise policy and we ask that event hosts select an acoustic band since sound carries easily here at the farm, and we find acoustic music best fits our rustic farm ambiance. We’re happy to answer questions or talk through our policy. Lastly, we offer wholesale pricing on our organic flowers and floral design for those who host events here at the farm, as well as wholesale pricing on our organic vegetables and fruits and pasture-raised meat for your caterer.
If you'd like further information or to take a tour of the farm, please email us.